Step 1: Requirements for Working at the Refinery
Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
Contract Employees must be enrolled in an MPC approved Drug and Alcohol Test program.
- All Contract Employees must be enrolled in approved program
- To obtain an account, please contact DISA’s Sales Department at 281-673-2530 or [email protected]
- Contract Employees status must be tested in an the MPC approved program prior to coming onsite. Any Contract Employee not “green-lighted” will not be allowed onsite.
Background Check Requirements
Contract Employees must pass a background security check from one of the following background check providers: (These are the currently approrved MPC background check providers)
- DISA Global Solutions
- First Advantage
- Guidepost Solutions LLC
- S2 Verify
Contractor Orientation Requirements
All contract workers must take and successfully complete the Refinery approved site-specific training prior to obtaining a Contractor Badge.
Site Specific Orientation:
- Dates and Times Offered: Weekdays upon request – Advance notice required
- Location: Marathon Biorefining Division - 4700 Este Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45232
- How to Register for Site Orientation: Request/register with site MPC point of contact, who will work with you and MPC safety to finalize scheduling
Refinery Specific Access/ID Badge Requirements
Contract workers will obtain their refinery access ID card at the Refinery Security & Badging office at the following address:
- Street Address: Marathon Biorefining Division 4700 Este Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45232
The following is required and will be verified by Refinery Security prior to issuing the Refinery access ID card:
- Drug & Alcohol testing compliance
- Background Check
- Successful completion of the site-specific training
NOTE: Individuals must present a valid picture ID to receive their Refinery access ID card.
Contractor employees must always keep the Refinery Access ID card in their possession while on Refinery Property.
Step 2: What to Know before Coming Onsite
Illegal drugs and unauthorized alcohol, weapons and unauthorized firearms are prohibited on refinery property. All individuals are subject to search while on company property.
Facial Hair Policy
Cell Phones/Electronic Device Policy
- The following PPE is required for entry into a process unit and/or tank farm area(s):
- Hard Hat
- Chemical Goggles - Available on Person
- Safety Glasses
- Hearing Protection
- NFPA 2112 FR Clothing
- Gloves - Minimum Cut Level 3 Glove for General Duty Use
- Personal H2S Monitor
- Safety Toed Shoe with a defined heel
Certain areas/jobs may require additional PPE which shall be worn in accordance with posted signs or as stated on the Safe Work Permit.
NOTE: Contractor PPE is not supplied by Marathon Petroleum Company LP.
Please view this video that best describes the fundamental pillars of MPC’s safety culture. If you have any questions or want more information please contact the Site Safety Supervisor for information.