This website provides you with the steps that all contractors are required to complete in order to enter and do work at any of the refineries owned by Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC). Since some variation does exist in the requirements for contractors at the different MPC refinery locations, be sure to select the appropriate refinery from the tiles below.
Important note: Before any contractor or their personnel will be allowed to enter refinery property, ALL of the steps described on this site must be completed.
"The safety of our workers shall be our number one priority."
- Crude Oil Capacity: 119,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: Through the years Anacortes has won numerous Petroleum Safety Awards and they work closely with the Contractor Safety Council.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 93,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: Canton’s Blitz team is committed to maintaining a safety process which actively identifies, prevents, and corrects workplace hazards.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 277,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: Staffed by 800 employees, Catlettsburg sits on the banks of the Big Sandy River and produces 277,000 barrels per calendar day.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 6,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: Staffed by 63 employees, the Cincinnati Biorefining Division sits on 20 acres in Northwest Cincinnati and produces 6,000 barrels per calendar day.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 140,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: Welcome Contractors! Please join the refinery's contractor safety council, Detroit Armor. Contact Frank Ebbert at email@example.com.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 19,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: Dickinson is being converted to a Renewable Diesel production facility allowing it to process 12,000 barrels per day of renewable feedstock.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 131,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: The El Paso Refinery sits just 3 miles east of Downtown El Paso and produces 131,000 barrels per calendar day while employing 440 employees.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 26,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: The Gallup Refinery is a small niche market facility which supplies a significant portion of the fuel consumed from Albuquerque, NM to Flagstaff, AZ.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 585,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: The health and safety of our employees is of tremendous importance. All contractor employees are encouraged to participate in the site's Lone Star Association.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 564,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: The Louisiana Refinery is an optimal operational facility dedicated to maintaining a safety driven culture through employee involvement and contractor engagement.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 68,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: The Kenai contractor led, Marathon Contractor Safety Council’s mission is to recognize and improve contractor safety performance through safety-focused dialog.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 363,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: The Los Angeles Refinery has an on-site contractor led Safety Council whose motto is "Contractors helping contractors work safe at Marathon".
- Crude Oil Capacity: 71,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: The Mandan Refinery has a crude oil refining capacity of 71,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd), processing primarily sweet domestic crude oil from North Dakota.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 161,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: Marathon Petroleum Corporation's Martinez Refinery's capacity is 161,000 barrels per calender day.
- Crude Oil Capacity: 245,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: Robinson's state-of-the-art facility has a full conversion processing scheme designed to maximize production of gasoline and diesel fuel. The crude capacity is 266,500 bpd.
Salt Lake City
- Crude Oil Capacity: 61,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: Salt Lake City would like to welcome contractors to the refinery; join the site's Contractor Safety Council by contacting a member of the Safety Department for additional details.
St. Paul Park
- Crude Oil Capacity: 98,000 bpcd
- Fast Fact: The St. Paul Park Refinery is located along the Mississippi River; originally built in 1939. It has a crude oil refining capacity of 98,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd).